Side opening shipping containers are one of the most practical and useful shipping container modifications. This modification is a simple one but offers more options in regards to secure storage and functionality.
Side door containers are exactly the same as regular shipping containers. However, they have the addition of doors on the side as well as at either end. The doors can cover the entire length, for full side access, or just a small part. This is dependant on the intended function.
ContainerCo we have 40 ft containers, 20 ft containers and 10 ft containers for sale, as well as container hire. We can offer extensive shipping container modification, including side opening containers, NZ wide.
Benefits Of Side Opening Shipping Containers
Having side doors on your shipping container can help in a multitude of ways. Some of these benefits include:
- Easier loading/unloading – Side door shipping containers are much easier to load and unload. The side access provides more options in how you can load or unload as well as the range of items you can load into the container. If you’re going to be loading/unloading pallets – the side door offers great access for forklifts.
- Storing larger items – Large or unusually-shaped items might not be able to be loaded into regular container doors. Having the side doors could open up opportunities to store items you wouldn’t normally be able to. Increasing the number and range of items you can store and ship with your shipping container.
- Easier access to your container – Regular containers only have doors at one or both ends. This makes access to items in the middle or back quite difficult. With side opening shipping containers, you can get to these items much easier and without having to pull a bunch of other things out first.
- More functionality – Side doors will increase the utilisation of the container and offers you a plethora of optional uses. If you’re building a shop or cafe, the side opening can act as a passageway to another part, for example.
Uses For Side Opening Shipping Containers
Thanks to these added benefits, side opening containers offer a range of practical uses.
- Storage – Thanks to the easier access and ability to store larger items, these containers are perfect as a storage solution.
- Transporting Goods – Again, due to the increased functionality and ease of access, transporting items is much easier with a side door container.
- Alternate Uses – These containers are great if you want to convert them into something else, e.g. Cafe, Bar, Classroom etc. The side access offers a range of options and will prove to be useful if at any point in the future you decide to expand the operation.
At ContainerCo, we pride ourselves on providing an extensive range of shipping containers for hire or purchase. Our range of 10ft, 20ft and 40ft containers can be used for various purposes, including shipment, storage or construction, to name a few. Featuring more than just containers in our product range, we also sell accessories and parts for shipping containers to ensure your container can be maintained and repaired after prolonged use.
Offering specialised containers along with dry standard variations, ContainerCo’s containers include refrigerated, dangerous goods, high-ball, open-top and side-opening options. As a fully-established shipping container company, we also have the facilities to modify purchased shipping containers. Our specialised team can assist you with altering containers into workspaces, cafes, tiny homes or construction site offices.
We can serve Kiwis across the country with facilities operating in Auckland, Tauranga, Christchurch, Wellington and Waikato. So next time you require a shipping container, make sure to hire or buy yours at ContainerCo today!
Contact us on 0508 732 873 or request a free online quote today!